Monday, January 7, 2013

Write down your goals

From motivational speakers like Earl Nightingale and Zig Ziglar, they all say the same thing when it comes to setting goals.

WRITE THEM DOWN!

Over the years, I seem to accomplish so much more when I write my goals down.  I did it for 2012, and it was great seeing my progress.  I have my goals for 2013 written down and tacked onto my office wall, so I can see it everyday.

It's an audacious list of 30 items, but some of them quite frankly are small and others I already do--one of them being to maintain my attendance at my tri-weekly writers' group.  I may pare down this list to weed out some of those, but for now I like looking over my list and planning out what I'm doing over the next few months.

Make sure your goals are written down.  Make your goals specific and within a time frame (i.e. I will lose 30 pounds by the 4th of July).

Then, get to it.  You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment