Friday, January 11, 2013

Request for assistance (and see your name appear in a book!)

I put out a brief Twitter and Facebook request for my "followers and friends" with a slight dilemna.

This is strange for me because I normally keep a lot of this stuff to myself, but I wanted to see what would happen if I publically asked for assistance.

I have a new novel that I plan on starting to write in March 2013.  I will forego the name of it at this point, but it is an alternative history/military thriller set during the War on Terror--the one in response to the 9/11 attacks.

Aside from lengthy Wikipedia article, I put a request out to see if there were any books (fiction and/or nonfiction) I could read on the subject.

I've gotten a few responses, which basically said the same thing: interview a vet.

This may seem easy (I actually have a cousin in the National Guard who's been over in Iraq) but right now I don't know what I'm looking for.  That's why I thought a book may glean an answer.

What's in it for you?

I didn't say this in the Twitter/Facebook posts, but I plan on acknowledging those who assist in the book (first names only), and if I can work them in I could also name a character after them too.

Aside from interviewing a vet, does anyone have any books they can recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment