Friday, September 28, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 28-Sept-2012 / Agent or self-publish?

I have been a writing banshee.  Even with falling ill on Monday, I still managed to . . . drum roll please . . . finish chapters 48-51 of Beholder's Eye!


Thank you, thank you very much!

Okay, I am definitely on the home stretch in this thriller, and have even starting perusing the 2013 Guide To Literary Agents, which was just published--I got the Kindle version, thanks to an Amazon gift card I recieved for my birthday, and it's awesome!

That being said, I have decided to take the "look for an agent" route with this book.  I've been debating for a long time on whether to do the agent-thing or the self-publishing thing.  After gathering lots of information, I've decided to take this route.

At first.

However, that being said, if no agents decide to pick up on it, I'll self-publish it on the Kindle.

Two final notes: first, I noted a while back that I was starting to put together a podcast series.  I have not abandoned this.  I still very much want to do one.  I'm just focusing on finishing Beholder's Eye first.  Then, I'll start with putting the podcast together.  I've got the intro and ending completed, along with a little "commercial" for my ebook.  The only other "problem" I had was answered by Mur Lafferty (host of the highly-successful writing podcast called I Should Be Writing).  I was very honored she took the time to answer my e-mail.

The second note is NaNoWriMo.  I will be participating in NaNoWriMo, but it won't be in November when the rest of the universe will be doing it.  I may well finish the thriller before, but there's so much going on that month I will be putting it off until either December or January--haven't quite decided when yet.

Now, it's on to chapters 52-54.  Wish me luck!

Anyone else want to join me for NaNoWriMo in December or January?

No comments:

Post a Comment