Friday, June 2, 2023

Dreams Are Great (But Ground It In Reality) / Happenings In The Outhouse 02-June-2023

You start a business.  You sell your first product.  Maybe you get a customer to sign a contract for your services/product.

Wow!  You are flying high!  You dream of vacations, houses, cars, all kinds of stuff!

Dreams are great.  I'm a dreamer.  But I am also a realist.  Having the responsibility of a family and current bills/debts, I cannot bank on my writing income to sustain me alone.

Maybe you just got your real estate license and sold your first house for a nice commission.  At what point to you throw all the chips on the table and go full bore?

These are questions you need to have with yourself (and loved ones), but honestly you'll probably just ignore me and do what you want.

My writing is what I love to do, and at this point is a side hustle.  There's nothing wrong with side hustles.  You need some sort of guaranteed income until the side hustle overcomes the day job.

And here's another piece of advice, to take or leave: do not proclaim every single victory from the mountaintop.  Keep them to yourselves, with the exception of your most loved one.  Celebrate the victories with that one, because chances are, they are also sacrificing something so you can do your dreams.

And, hopefully, one day that dream will become a reality.  But until then, keep your head down and keep working.

Lastly, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment