Friday, November 4, 2022

Back From Sidetracked / Happenings In The Outhouse 04-Nov-2022

A few weeks ago, an idea for a short story sparked in me.  This wasn't unusual.  I get ideas often.  This time, though, I decided to put my current work-in-progress on hold and start writing it.  I truly thought I could juggle between the two projects.  Besides, one was short and the other long, so what's wrong with that, huh?

I got a decent start.  Then, after a short vacation with the family down to the Twin Cities, I made the decision to dive right back into the WIP once again.  Because, I hate to admit, I had done absolutely nothing on it while I wrote a few thousand words on the short story.

Good multi-tasking, to be honest, is a myth.  No one really does multi-tasking well.  You may do a series of small tasks that look like multi-tasking, but that's it.  Especially if it involves a creative endeavor.  Some authors will work on one project in the morning and another in the evening, but that's a rare event.  And they probably have measures in place to ease the transition between the two.

Anyway, it's good to be back to my YA/middle grade novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment