Friday, August 27, 2021

Part One Complete / Happenings In The Outhouse 27-Aug-2021

On August 19th, I was officially one-fourth of the way through my current work-in-progress.  Part one is done.

Word count is a little over 32,000 words, which is a health amount so far.  Then, if you multiply it by four . . . that brings it close to the one hundred and thirty thousand word mark.  That's one heck of a big book when I hit the publish.  The longest books I've published so far are around 60-70 thousand words.

Then again, my first two novels I ever wrote were a 1000-page behemoths (my current work-in-progress was the second one) and if my word count is somewhat accurate on the amount of words per page on my word processor, 130,000 words is a bit light when compared to the original first draft, which brought the total over 200,000.

I'm still shooting for publication by the end of the year.  With school starting soon, my middle child heading off to college, and an exciting development in my personal life, the Peterson household will certainly be different.

Different, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment