Friday, December 4, 2020

Goals achieved and not achieved / Happenings In The Outhouse 04-Dec-2020

Although it is my ultimate goal to finish the latest thriller, that goal may not be achieved before the end of 2020.  I am currently around the 34,000 word mark--and your average thriller is around 65,000 to 75,000 words, but that is not a firm rule--and I have a lot yet to write.  It is coming along nicely.  By January or February 2021, I should be able to hit the PUBLISH button.

I do not consider my goal a bust.  I did complete two short stories this year.  And although they were not winners of the contest I had submitted them too, which is fine considering the high number of submissions, I am submitting them to various short story publications.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll publish them on my own anyway.

Looking back over the last few years, my publishing output has been diminished due to personal reasons with my late wife's health.  I only published two shorter stories in 2019, and the last novel I published was under a pseudonym in mid-2018.

Don't beat yourself up over goals you didn't achieve.  I'm sure there are smaller goals you did accomplish, and that's a good thing.  Give yourself some credit and then move on.  Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment