Friday, December 11, 2020

Baby steps / Happenings In The Outhouse 11-Dec-2020

Looking back on the past two years, my writing output has been minimal.  I started a fantasy epic in early 2019, only to set it off to the side to work on a YA novel.  About a dozen chapters into that one, I also set it off to the side.

Needless to say, I had things on my mind.  I can usually separate my work life and personal life, and even separate it all from my writing life, but with the end of my late wife's life coming to an evitable end, I can look back now--gives it a whole new meaning to hindsight is 20/20, huh?--and say it all was wearing on me.

These past six months or so, I've been slowly getting back on the horse.  Baby steps.  I have a small set of weekly goals, and it has given me the courage to go forth and conquer.  Albeit on a small scale.  Baby steps.

How does one eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.

How does one write a novel?  One page at a time.  One sentence at a time.  One word at a time.

If you find yourself overwhelmed, take a step back and do some small tasks.  One at a time.  Baby steps.

In the end, you'll get there.  Trust me: been there, got the T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment