Thursday, July 12, 2012

What would your obituary say?

Recently, a guy from my hometown passed away due to a very long bout with various forms of cancer.  I didn't know him, but in viewing his Caringbridge site, he was well loved and known by many.

In reading his obituary, I was taken aback at what he had accomplished in his short life--he was younger than I was, and I'm edging the over-the-hill mark.  He was a writer, blogger, musician, husband, father, youth ministry pastor.  He had an impact on so many peoples' lives through his words and songs.

What would your obituary say?  What accomplishments have you achieved to set you apart, to make you remarkable, in the eyes of others?

On a side note, when I asked myself this question, I felt like a complete failure when I compared my life to the young man from my hometown.  Then I took a step back and evaluated my life, as a husband, a father, a writer/blogger.  Conclusion: I have a lot of work to do, so it's time to get busy and do it.

What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment