Friday, June 29, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 29-June-2012 / Ed Gein's influence still lives on

Last week, I had an epiphany.  Not really an epiphany but a great idea for a story--a novella, from what I see right now.  A few weeks ago, I watched both the 2003 version of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and the 1974 version.  Of course, knowing where the origin of these movies came from, I just had to watch a few documentaries on the twisted life of Ed Gein.





Inspired by these tales is a horror novella I'm titling "Guest of Honor."  This novella will have to wait until after Beholder's Eye is completed, and my plan right now is to write it and just put it out there, either for free or available on the Amazon Kindle--now that I know how to do the latter.

Speaking of Beholder's Eye, I'm done with chapters 28-30, bringing the completion percentage up to 65%.  Chapter 29 was a long one (so much so that I began to wonder why, as it dealt with a possible suspect and his upbringing, and then I came to the decision that he'll pop up later in the story too when they discover he is not the UNSUB).

No comments:

Post a Comment