Friday, June 15, 2012

Down and Out in the Outhouse 15-June-2012

This week I started editing chapters 28-30 for Beholder's Eye.
I'm finding, like I had discovered before, that if I take 2-3 chapters at a time, I can get more done.  Not every writer is like this, I'm sure.  In the past, I've had several different editing techniques on how I handle chapters, which I'll cover in a blog next week.

Part of my week was distupted (in a nice way) by taking my 13-year-old son to Camp Sioux, in Park River, ND, which is a week-long camp geared towards children with diabetes.  My son has had diabetes since August 2001.  My youngest daughter (who is five and turning six next week) also has diabetes--type 1, which means they take insulin.  I don't believe this is a topic that I've covered before, and would seem odd in a blog centered mostly on the business of writing, but I'll add snippets on this from time to time.

Tuesday, our youngest daughter got to attend Camp Sioux's "Day Camp" which is for kids who have never been to camp to see what it's like.  It was a fun event.  Here is a video I shot of one of the counselors singing a rendition of Adam Sandler's "Hannukah" song.  I called it the "Diabetes Song" but I also see it's called "Diabetica."


Sorry that it seems to be sideways - not sure how to get it turned.  Oh, yeah, I was holding it that way.  I guess I'm still getting used to the new phone.

And here's Adam Sandler's original version.

No comments:

Post a Comment