Friday, September 30, 2022

What Do You Dwell On? / Happenings In The Outhouse 30-Sept-2022

Last week, I touched on what you look for: the good or the bad.

This week I ask the question, "What do you dwell on?"

Do you dwell on things that you have absolutely no control over?  Like the weather, politics, the death of a celebrity, what someone thinks . . . and the list goes on and on.  Stephen Covey calls this the Circle of Control.

If it's outside of your control, don't worry about it.

Your health certain is in your control and something you could dwell on, but do you dwell negatively or positively on it?

As a writer, I don't dwell on whether or not people will like a story or not.  I'm learning new ways of telling a story, growing in my skills, and just telling a story the best way I know.  But I'm not dwelling on whether so and so likes it.  I don't care.

All I care of is whether or not I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment