Friday, April 29, 2022

13 Months / Happenings In The Outhouse 29-April-2022

By the end of next month, I should have my latest work-in-progress published.  And, as you may guessed it from the title of this post, it took me . . . drum roll please . . . thirteen months to complete.

As of this posting, I am over 109,000 words into it and I have six more chapters to write.

Now the big question: why is it taking me so long?  The book had already been written and I'm using the old pages as an outline.  So it really shouldn't take that long, right?

Right?

For me, that would be a solid no.  Although it is nice having the finished product to look upon, it actually drags me behind a bit.  And this is a longer book than what I normally write.  I have also found periods of time where my productivity has amped up immensely, whereas other times it has lagged.

This has been an interesting project for me to tackle.  What I will do is take what I learned on this one and apply it to the next one in a similar situation.  I have three other books that were written previously, and when I come to rewrite them, I may do things differently.

I will share details of this project as I come closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment