Friday, February 18, 2022

This Book Is NOT For You / Happenings In The Outhouse 18-Feb-2022

It's okay for your book not to be for someone.  Even though you may want the entire world to read your book, it will not happen.  No, it will NEVER happen.

So it's best not to even try.

Your best route to success is to find out who your book is for, so they can enjoy it.

And here's the thing: just because it's different doesn't mean no one will like it.  Many readers that I know get bored from the same old stuff.  They want something new.

A close friend of mine can't stand anything NR puts out (I'm putting this author's name in initials, but this author is uber-famous, has put out tons of books, and is quite successful).  I have read a few of NR's books and at first I liked it.  Then, the more books I read, the more I noticed that the ones that I have read all had similar plot lines.

But who cares?

Legal thrillers weren't truly a thing until John Grisham put them on the map.  Horror didn't go mainstream until King put them on the map.

And even then, there are readers who do not like JG or King.

Create the best product you can.  Publish it.  Then move on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment