Friday, December 31, 2021

What A Year / Happenings In The Outhouse 31-Dec-2021

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe all that has happened in my life--especially in the last six months, and especially since July 20th.

But first, let's recap my current writing inventory as of this date.

I have 37 individual published works, which consist of:

11 full-length novels, which includes a romance one written under a pseudonym (and working on #12)
14 short stories (2 of which are free on my website)
7 novellas/novelettes
1 short story collection
2 box sets
2 nonfiction books

This year I published two short stories and I am roughly 65-70% of the way through my current novel, which is going to be longer than any novel I have published so far.

Now, what happened on July 20th?

First, let me back up about a month, on what would have been the 24th wedding anniversary with my late wife.  I made the decision to dip my toes in the dating pool.  I didn't know if I could handle it, and I didn't know what I'd find.  If all I could find were toxic women, I guess I would remain single for the rest of my life.

And if that was God's plan for me, I would accept it.

But God had other plans.  Oh, boy, did He ever.

Long story short, I am in a few private widow/widower groups on Facebook.  Now, living in the land of nowhere in northwestern Minnesota, I thought my chances of meeting anyone near me was almost impossible.  Well, nothing is impossible for God.

I started chatting with a younger lady, a widow who had lost her husband in March 2021, who lived in northern Minnesota.  151 miles away, to be exact.  We chatted for a bit that day, July 20th, as she told me about her dire tales of going through the Facebook dating app.

Lo and behold, on July 23rd, she asked me how my week had been.  One thing led to another, and we have been chatting/talking every single day since.  We meet every 2-3 weeks, as she is in the final semester of achieving her RN degree.

So to say what a year 2021 it has been is an understatement.

I am looking forward to 2022, and all that it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment