Friday, December 10, 2021

Winding Down And Thinking Ahead / Happenings In The Outhouse 10-Dec-2021

It's the second week of December and my current work-in-progress, a novel I started around April 2021, has surpassed the 71,000-word mark.

And there is so much more to be done.  It is not quite two-thirds complete at this point, so . . . if the math works out, it'll be one big book.  120-130K would be my ultimate guess.  When do I have it planned to be finished?  Maybe by the end of the first quarter, which is late March.  And if that's the case, I would have taken almost twelve months to write it.

I have written much faster before.

Next time, as my speeds and devoted time has now increased, and other aspects of my life has improved, I will write the next one quicker.

As the Christmas season draws ever-closer, and New Years right after, it is that time of year again when we reflect on what has been accomplished and what is in store for us all in 2022.

I should have titled this blog post "Not Winding Down" because I'm working on my current novel on a near daily basis, and I am not slowing down.

The plan for 2022 is, of course, to publish my current novel and contemplate which story to tackle next.  I could finish off my superhero trilogy, I could finish my epic fantasy, I could even complete the YA book I started in early 2019.

Or, there are others that could be written too.

No comments:

Post a Comment