Friday, May 21, 2021

The many flavors of outlining / Happenings In The Outhouse 21-May-2021

Another short one this week as we prepare for my daughter's high school graduation next Friday.

My work-in-progress is progressing very well.  Far better than I could imagined at this point.  My last novel progressed very . . . very slowly.

But this one edged beyond the 11,000 word mark, and I'm only on the 5th chapter.

I've talked before about how much I dislike outlining in general.  Here is a link to all of my posts about outlining.  What's interesting is how much has changed over the years and whatever I'm working on.

For this project, I'm using each previously written chapter as an outline.  The plot is similar, the story is following a similar path, but the story is much, much better.

Outlining can come in a variety of packages.  I'll explore this topic more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment