Friday, May 7, 2021

Progress / Happenings In The Outhouse 7-May-2021

I am making tremendous progress on my "new" work-in-progress.

Now, I put new under quotes for a reason.  It's not a new story.  It's a story I first wrote back in college, when my late wife and I were dating.  So, yeah, well over two decades old--we were married for twenty-two and a half years before her passing.  But what's new is what I'm doing with it.

I'm using the old story as an outline.

I did this with a fantasy novel a few years ago, before moving on to another project--don't worry, I'll pick it back up again.  So far, I'm making great progress.

I know, I know, I have written about my dislike toward outlining before.  So I'm revising my thoughts toward outlining.  For me, for the most part, outlining is a waste of time.  But now, and a few times in the past, when I've hit a bit of a block, getting thoughts down on paper has helped dislodge the block.

I'm currently at the 6,300 word mark.  It'll be interesting how soon I can get this one published.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment