Friday, July 10, 2020

Don't throw out your 2020 goals yet / Happenings In The Outhouse 10-July-2020

2020 is halfway over and what a year it has been!

As far as goals are concerned, I urge you not to throw out your 2020 goals completely.  Or even at all.  If you do, then you aren't setting your goals right in the first place--I've touched on these before but I feel it is time to revisit the subject.  Keep in mind too, setting goals is different for everyone.  It depends on your motivation and life circumstance.

One should always anticipate some degree of turbulence in life.  For me, I could have thrown them out in 2019 but I didn't.  Many of the goals look similar, except on a smaller scale.

Disasters happen.

Okay, I get it, how many people could have predicted the pandemic that ripped across the planet, shutting down many businesses?

Instead of throwing out your 2020 goals, ask yourself what it would take to accomplish them?  Or even a few of them?  I'm talking about a shift in mindset.  When the government started shutting businesses down, many folded up and went away.  But a surprising number took it as an opportunity to thrive.  They looked at how they could serve their customers.

And you are no different.

What can you do differently?  Experiment.  If it doesn't work, so be it.  At least you did something.

No comments:

Post a Comment