Friday, June 19, 2020

First completed story of 2020 / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-June-2020

2019 was abysmal for writing/publishing.  I published a short story in May and then a novelette August.

2020 hasn't been much better, as I charge ahead with so many new normals it's making my head spin.  But, as of this past Sunday, I completed a short story.  It's around 5,000 words and my plan is to submit it to the Writers of the Future contest.

The story has an interesting genesis.  My youngest daughter was looking for this drawstring bag, getting a little frantic as she couldn't find it, and then she found it near where she was looking--albeit beneath a small pile of clothes.

We had a conversation about it afterward . . . and, well, not to spoil anything but needless to say this story appeared, nearly fully formed.

I also dedicated the story to her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment