Friday, March 6, 2020

Lessons learned from KISS / Happenings In The Outhouse 06-March-2020

A few weekends ago, my brother-in-law asked if I'd like to go see KISS.  They're currently on their End Of The Road World Tour.

I had never seen KISS before, so to see them on their very last tour was something special.  David Lee Roth was the opening act, playing a lot of Van Halen hits and of course his own.

The concert was amazing, to say the least.  Here's a video from their YouTube page--if you look closely, you might be able to see my tiny little head in the nose bleed section, as we were seated on the left side of the stage.


My brother-in-law had already seen them twice before, so this was time number three.  One word came to mind as I watched the concert: entertaining.  Lots of fire, explosions, and all around fun.

In the days since, I thought about my own publishing business.  What do I want to accomplish?

I want to entertain.  Some authors want to convey a message, some social justice issue they want to bring to everyone's attention.  Me?  Entertain.  That's it.  If there's a message to convey, it'll be hidden within the story.

But I write to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment