Friday, March 22, 2019

Are you ready for success? / Happenings In The Outhouse 22-March-2019

As the first quarter of 2019 winds down and the weather starts to get warmer here in northwestern Minnesota, I'm reflecting on my writing goals for the year.

First, I am currently around the 25,000 word mark on my epic fantasy and I'm quite a distance away from completing the first part--there are four parts to the book; the original plan was to write one part per quarter.  That may not happen now.  I'm still writing everyday but the story is taking longer to tell.  Not a bad thing.  The story will get done.  Will it be done by the end of the year?  Who knows . . .

Reviewing my 5 goals for the quarter, I have completed 2 of them.  Yeah!  What they are, that is between me and the Almighty.

I've written before about success and how success is different for each person.  Here's one post from 2011.  It still holds true, in my opinion.

But how ready are for you for success?  What is the huge "pie in the sky" goal was to land on your lap?  Let's say your goal is to have a book made into a movie.  What if a big movie studio not only gave you a fat contract for your book but it also was speeding along to be made right away?  What if, all of a sudden, a book of yours sudden flew off the shelves and you made five and six figures a month?

How ready are you for it?  There's a mindset that needs to be firm in place.  It's a rarity for someone to come into massive amounts of money (there are other metrics to success, but I'm focusing on money as an example) and not have troubles.  Whether it's starting to do drugs and drink, or run around partying, or spending like money has no end, most who come into it aren't ready.  But if you mentally prepare for what you're going to do, it will help guide you.

What are you preparing for today?  What is your success metric?

No comments:

Post a Comment