Friday, August 21, 2026

What Have You Stopped Doing? / Happenings In The Outhouse 21-Aug-2026

A number of weeks ago, I stopped doing something.  I stopped doing something that I had been doing for a few years now.  Hours upon hours of time devoted to it.

What is it?

A game.  On my phone.

At first, it didn't take up that much of my time.  A little bit here and a little bit there.  But over time it started to consume more and more time . . . 

I've joked to my kids that I would be uninstalling the game app from my phone.  None thought I was serious.

Until one day . . . I had enough.  It started getting glitchy.  So I thought to myself, "What if I just uninstall this now?  What would I be better off doing anyway?"

The answer to the second question is easy: writing.

I did it.

I stopped doing it.  Stopped playing it.

Now I am spending more time devoted to other endeavors, including writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment