Friday, December 22, 2017

Your health is important / Happenings In The Outhouse 22-Dec-2017

For the past few months, I have been tackling a serious health condition.  It has been a complete lifestyle change, for sure.  Now, before everyone sends me tons of sympathy messages, let me save you the time: don't do it.  Please.  There are others far, far worse off than myself.  Millions suffer from various forms of cancer and other debilitating diseases or conditions they have no control over.  Send messages of encouragement to them and give to charities that do well in those areas.

My wife is the perfect example.  In 2011, she was diagnosed with leukemia.  She recovered and has been cancer-free ever since, but her eyesight is shot.  Even her body is weak.  She does what she can, but has to rest for hours afterwards.

And it is she and my three children that I do what I do when it comes to my writing . . . and my life.

This week, I had a check-up and got some very good news concerning my condition.  My doctor had never seen anyone recover so quickly.  The condition isn't going away, and more than likely one I'll live with the rest of my life, but again it's more a lifestyle change by eating healthier and keeping my weight down.  I'm sorry to be so cryptic on this condition, but that is for a reason.  I am a private person--hell, I even stated once that I'm my own worst marketer.  I even dislike celebrating my birthday, and would rather celebrate others' special day instead.  When it comes to Christmas, all I want is to be with my family.  That's it.  No gifts needed.  But giving to others . . . that's a different story.  I'd rather give.

As a side note, if you need any ebook ideas, check out my list of books on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment