Friday, June 30, 2017

Vacation vs. Writing / Happenings In The Outhouse 30-June-2017

For the first two weeks of June, my family, in-laws, and I were out of town, on vacation.  We drove down to the Knoxville, TN area--more specifically, Pigeon Forge, TN.  My in-laws rented a cabin--a very nice three-story, five-bedroom monstrosity--that overlooked the Great Smoky Mountains.

It was truly relaxing.

Wi-Fi at the cabin was spotty at best, which meant I didn't get much writing done--oh, who am I kidding, I didn't write at all.  I did get a lot of reading done, along with visiting relatives and seeing the sites.  Absolutely no regrets.  I feel like relaxing times are needed to recharge the creative batteries.

Now that I've been back for over two weeks, the third novel in the Shadowkill Trilogy is nearing completion.  I have over 63,000 words written so far.  How much is left?  I plan on finishing by next week--crossing my fingers.  I started this third book on March 19th.  The original goal was to finish by May 19th, but with planning for the trip and our son's high school graduation, writing took the back seat a little.  I still wrote up until the day we left, but it was less and less.

Again, no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment