Friday, June 23, 2017

Fun and Games - 5 Favorite Rock Albums / Happenings In The Outhouse 23-June-2017

Some writers listen to music while they write.  Depending on my mood, I do.  And what I listen to varies.  Honestly though, I don't listen to music.  From my Amazon author page: (my) genre interests are as expansive as his musical tastes--from classics like Mozart and Beethoven to heavy metal like Poison and Metallica.

I grew up listening to country music--honestly, there wasn't much else, so it was a bit forced upon me--but when the 1980's came along and I was in high school, I became a huge fan of heavy metal/hard rock.

I thought of my top five rock albums--sort of a collection of what I would love to have with me if I found myself stranded on a desert island (and either an endless supply of batteries or some unusual power source to boot).  One caveat to this list is that I love all of the songs on these albums.  These are, and in no particular order:

1) Poison - Open Up and Say . . . Ahh!

Note: this was the very first hard rock album I ever bought.

2) Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

3) Metallica - Metallica (better known as the Black Album)

4) Skid Row - Skid Row (their first album)

Note: this album has an interesting history for me.  I read a lot of heavy metal magazines, from Hit Parader to Metal Edge, and one band that kept popping up was Skid Row.  Then I finally brought down and bought it at the local Ben Franklin store.  Holy cow!  From the first song, I was hooked!

5) Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

There are others, of course, but these five are the main ones.  Others added to the list are Def Leppard's Hysteria, Tesla's The Great Radio Controversy, Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, Aerosmith's Pump, Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction, and so on.



No comments:

Post a Comment