Friday, February 26, 2016

Surviving, one year later / Happenings In The Outhouse 26-Feb-2016

It's been roughly a year since my medical mishap.  To recap, please see these two posts: Wake up call and When life feels like an episode of House.

In October 2015, I went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, to review my MRI scans that were done at another clinic.  Needless to say, I am an oddball.  No, seriously.  I had a consultation with a neurologist who had been practicing for over 40 years, and he had never seen anything like mine.

In a nutshell, I have a blood vessel that runs through a section of my brain that controls the left side of my body.  When I had taken a medication last February and experienced an allergic reaction, it affected that spot.

Hence, the seizure.

I am still here.

I am still writing.

I am still publishing.

I am surviving.  Still.

I do this while jugging housework, caregiving, and even taking time to keep myself healthy.  I am planning a weekly post (I'm thinking Mondays instead of these Friday posts) geared towards those writers in the same boat as myself.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment