Saturday, February 28, 2015

Wake up call

As you may have noticed, yesterday I did not post a "Happenings In The Outhouse" post.

Frankly, there are two reasons for this: first, I'm still editing Straight Razor and I do not have any new news to report.

The second reason?

Last Sunday night, I was taken by ambulance to the ER.  I honestly thought I was having either a heart attack or stroke, but it ended up being a seizure brought about by a medication I was taking.

I have low platelets, and on the 20th my platelet count was around 15,000 (normal starts at 150,000).  I was given a steroid medication to help boost the platelets.  Sunday night, my whole left side seized up and ended up passing out on the floor.  Before I knew it, the ambulance was taking me to the ER.  This whole week I've been recovering (no, I'm still not 100% but I'm much better than before) and not giving it 100% on edits.

Next week though, I plan on ramping up with edits.

My April 1st deadline still may not be a reality but I'm working at it.

I am so thankful for the community I live in.  It may be a small town, but big in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment