Friday, January 29, 2016

Looking long-term / Happenings In The Outhouse 29-Jan-2016

Sorry I missed writing a post last Friday.  I completely forgot.

I read a blog post from Dean Wesley Smith Wednesday that pretty much sums up the focus of my writing career.  He calls it perspective.  Here is a link to the article, which I highly recommend every writer to read.

The third novel in the Central Division Series, which I had originally planned for a late January publication, is now looking to be an either late February/early March release.  Editing is taking a little longer than usual.  Nothing to be alarmed about.  I feel it's one of the best books I've written, and the subject (human sex trafficking is the main theme of the book) has been in the news a lot lately.  I just want it done right.

Going back to Smith's post on perspective, I whole-heartedly agree with him.  I sell, on average, a handful of books a month.  It grows a little, here and there, but I'm not quitting and I'm not losing hope.  I'm focused on writing long-term.  I understand it may take a number of years to build up a loyal customer base and inventory of books.

And I'm fine with it.

Sure, I'd love the success writers like Andy Weir, Hugh Howey, and Amanda Hocking have experienced.

But I don't expect it.  I'm a tiny fish in a huge ocean.  I'll get there.

Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment