Friday, August 29, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 29-Aug-2014 / new title for collection

Over the past few months, I've been listening to James Altucher's podcasts (he has two, as of this date) on my Stitcher app.  One of the topics he preaches is getting in the habit of making lists.

Now, I love making lists.  When I published Killzone: Book 1 of the Shadowkill Trilogy I made a list of potential projects.  Some I took to heart, while others will have to sit patiently.

James says to make it a habit of creating a list of 10 items each and every day.  That's 70 new ideas after the first week, and of course 3,650 over the course of a year.

Try it--or, as Yoda would say, do . . . or do not, there is no try.

I've been putting this task to heart, listing out 10 of this topic and 10 of that topic.  One of these was a potential title for the upcoming short story collection.  Now, I did have a cover made up for what was going to be the title before.  Here it is:


Now, it's a decent cover and fit the bill exactly how I advised the artist.  There's only one problem.  I won't be using it.  I might down the road, but for now I have another title.

If Walls Could Talk.

When I brainstormed a list of titles the other day, I came up with 20.  And this was one of them.  I like it.  I'll have another cover made up for it.  I'm editing the final story, and then I'll probably put it up for pre-orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment