Friday, November 29, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 29-Nov-2013 / Being an outlining convert

Yes, you heard me correctly.  I am an outlining convert.

At least for now, and for what I'm doing.

This week I found myself struggling with writing the first draft of the sequel to Beholder's Eye as well as editing Shadowkill.  It wasn't an easy task.  I only have around 5000 words written on the new thriller novel so far.

Then, a thought occurred to me Wednesday: why not outline the novel.  At least try.  So I spent my work day and did it.  I felt good afterwards too, because now I have a game plan for the novel.  Now, all of you staunch outliners out there are sure to pat yourselves on the back--not so fast, sweetheart!  I do see the value in outlining.  But I do love the discovery part of writing as well.

In Shadowkill, I am around chapter 5 in the editing process--and a long ways to go.

But I'll get there.  Keep in mind, we had Thanksgiving this week and another trip to Mayo this past Monday thrown in mix.  And I still wrote.

Also, my mystery novelette Guest of Honor is free today.  If you haven't picked it up yet, please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment