Friday, November 1, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 01-Nov-2013 / My 500th post!

This is my 500th blog post.  Hard to believe I've written so much on this blog, and even when I go back, I'm astonished at what I've written.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Writing a novel in a year - setting goals (this post was the fifth one I ever wrote, and it shows how one can take a task as daunting as writing a novel and complete it sooner than one thinks)

Use your favorite author as inspiration, not a boundary (this one sums up why it's unwise to say, "I want to be the next Stephen King" - because your goal is to be better than them, not to use their success as your boundary)

Simplicity (post regarding getting good at one thing, then branching out - i.e. Stephen King writes horror novels or John Grisham writes legal thrillers)

Writers Groups - the good, the bad, and . . . the weird (self-explanatory - about writing groups)

Shoot for the stars (where I introduced the "pie in the sky" goals)

There are a ton more, so for now these are a few highlighted ones.  I hope you've enjoyed it so far.  Now, onward to the next 500!

And beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment