Friday, July 26, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 26-Jul-2013 / New thriller

Yesterday, I completely revamped my current project list--okay, completely may not be the right word, but I did change it up a bit.

I do have sequels in mind for Beholder's Eye, in a series I'm calling the Central Division Series.  I started one years ago, only getting the first four chapters down before stopping.  Guess when I wrote them?

In December . . . 2004!

Needless to say, those few chapters need a lot of work.  Scratch that, I'm completely rewriting them--there's that pesty word again, completely; even here it's not true.  I'm keeping the bones of it, but fleshing it out greatly.

These past few days, I've been thinking about how the thriller will go, plotting and outlining in my head.  At this point, I believe I'm ready to start writing.  I know where it's going to end.  I'm excited for it, because the journey I'm going to take in the first draft will be interesting how it'll all turn out.

This Wednesday was also our Permanent Ink writers group meeting.  Only one other was in attendance.  The meeting went well: I shared half of a short story, which will end up being my next submission to the Writers of the Future contest.  Evelyn shared a story she'll be submitting soon regarding her husband's life on the farm where he grew up.  It's very interesting, these stories from the past.  I can't wait for them to be published, so I can share them with all my readers.

Lastly, I got some great news regarding Beholder's Eye.  It was rejected by the small press.  Good news, you say?  Yes.  I would've taken any news as good, because them the story will have a direction towards publication.  At this point, I'm trying to nail down a cool cover, and then it'll be up on the Kindle shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment