Thursday, January 12, 2012

You're never too old to pursue your dreams

I'm not really sure why, but I've always loved the movie The Paper Chase.

In a way, it's a David vs. Goliath type story, where the young first year Harvard law student is up against a hard-nosed contracts professor played by the brilliant John Houseman.  I think this is what fascinates me about it (and for a brief time, as a kid, I thought about going to law school but then went back to playing with my Star Wars toys).  Sports movies are loaded with this same type of David/Goliath story.

Back to The Paper Chase, John Houseman was 71 years old when he stars in it.  Let me repeat that: he was 71!

Holy crap!  That's past retirement age, is it?

Not so fast, you whipper-snapper.  You're never too old to pursue your dreams.  Mr. Houseman had some sparse acting gigs prior to The Paper Chase, but afterwards he acted almost nonstop.  Very impressive.

C. S. Lewis has a great quote: "You are never too old to get another goal or to dream another dream."

Please do not think you're too old to pursue something you feel is reserved only for the younger, hipper generation.  Pursue your passion with excellence, and you're bound to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment