I highly suggest keeping a list of items you have created early on--very early on, in my opinion. I have been keeping a list of stories I have written since I first started publishing, but truth be told I have written so much before that.
Over the past year I have been trying to be more organized. I have a board behind me in my office that I have stories tacked onto. Stories that are out making the rounds (i.e. Writers of the Future) and many that are works-in-progress.
Then, every once and a while or while I am going through folders (either physical or digital) I discover a story I either started or finished. Or a story idea that was good at the time but did nothing with it. Is the story still good? Is it worth writing now?
I have three completed novels that I wrote long before I started publishing, and they are just sitting in the proverbial folder just waiting in the wings. Two are horror novels and one is a large epic fantasy. At last count I have well over 100 stories that I have either written/completed or have started to write.
And I am just getting started . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment