Friday, October 13, 2023

The Year Of Concerts--And It Ain't Over Yet / Happenings In The Outhouse 13-Oct-2023

For the past 12 months, my girlfriend Melissa and I have been to a slew of concerts.  Just this month alone, we saw Nickelback last week (with Josh Ross and Brantley Gilbert opening), Cole Swindell yesterday, and tomorrow is Luke Bryan.

Phew!

And next month is Shania Twain.

Going to these concerts have brought me back to my high school days when I dreamed of being a rock star.  Yes, yes, I was that kid.  I recall going to prom my sophomore year and being mesmerized by the live band that was on stage.  I wanted to see what they did and how they did it.  I wanted to watch how they entertained.

Even for movies, I wanted to know how things were done.  I wanted to be the entertainer.

The problem was, I was the shy kid.  I preferred to sit in the back of the class, keep my head down, and pray that the teacher didn't call on me.

As a writer, I can still entertain and that is how I view what I write: pure entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment