Friday, October 27, 2023

Fixing Roadblocks and Tangents / Happenings In The Outhouse 27-Oct-2023

I have a problem.

I have a tendency to overanalyze and overthink my stories.

I have a short story that I'm working on that I keep hitting roadblock after roadblock.  I just can't seem to find my way around it.  Then, in a flash, after repeatedly going back through it, I thought of something to change it.

Sometimes all I need to do is stop, reread what I have so far, and then think of something different to throw in.

Tangents, on the other hand, are another problem of mine.  Especially with short stories.  When short stories are supposed to be tight and within a short window of time, I have to tendency to go off on side stories that mean nothing to the story are large.

I'm working on both problems.

Hopefully, these stories will be better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment