Friday, May 19, 2023

Rebranding And Brief Pause To WIP / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-May-2023

A large local employer in my area is going through a rebrand.  Rebranding what they stand for and what they do, how they want to be perceived by customers, vendors, and even employees.

Even if you are a solo entrepreneur or artist, your brand is just like this.  John Grisham is known as the legal thriller author.  Stephen King is known as a horror author.  J. K. Rowling is known for Harry Potter.  J. R. R. Tolkien is known for the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.  Despite all of these authors writing outside of what they're known for, that is their brand.

Your brand also reflects what one does on social media.  If you are politically sided on one end of the spectrum or always known to be contentious, that's your brand.  If your brand is that you are a genuinely nice person, then so be it.

What do you want to be known for?  What will be said about you at your funeral?

Think on it.

And live your life to fulfill that.

On a side note, I am slowing down my work on my current work-in-progress.  I am taking two online classes (three weeks in total for each of these two, and both are being taken at the same time) I achieved from a Kickstarter about cold cases and modern cases from a fiction writing perspective, and it's eating into a little of my writing time.  But that's okay.  Because it's only going to make my writing that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment