Friday, April 7, 2023

Princess/Prince Mentality (AKA I Want It Now!) / Happenings In The Outhouse 07-April-2023

 We've all seen the meme, from the Gene Wilder movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


Funny how this movie came out in 1971 yet there is so much in our society now in 2023 that reflects with the character Veruca Salt.  With the advent of the internet and technology as a whole, things are moving faster and faster.  Movies go from the theaters to the digital platforms/DVDs/Blue Ray in a matter of weeks and days.

Even information can be had by quickly searching your favorite search engine.

My current work-in-progress is set in the mid-1980's, and it's funny to think about how children today could never survive during the 80's, despite the many shows/movies set during that time.  Even the mentality many have today seems so out of whack when I reflect on my own childhood.  Never did I ask my Mom what was for supper, and, if it wasn't something I liked, I never told her as such--rarely did she make something I didn't like, as she is a fantastic cook.

So many things are given to people today without thinking.  The starting wage on many jobs in the area are around $15 or so an hour.  The starting wage at the grocery store where I worked at when I was sixteen was around $3-4 an hour.  When I started at my current job at $7 an hour, back in 1997, I thought I was rich!

I don't mean to pick on kids either.  I meet many adults who have this mentality that they are a princess or a prince, and that everyone has to kneel before them, to always do their bidding or else they'll whine and moan.

In the words of W. Axl Rose, we need a little "patience."

Take a deep breath.  Pause.  Reflect.  Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment