Friday, March 31, 2023

Conundrum / Happenings In The Outhouse 31-March-2023

Conundrum.

Most don't use this word, nor do they even know what it means.  It can be defined as a problem that has no clear solution.

Over the past several months, I have been writing a middle grade novel set in the 1980's.  I am currently around 73,000 words and--here's the conundrum--I have no idea as to how much longer it's going to be.  My original due date to finish it was the first of the year.  If you check your calendar, that's long past.  Then, I put April 1st as a due date.  Yup, you guessed it.  Still not done.

I do feel like it is winding down, but I don't know if I have 10,000 or 20,000 more words to put into it.  It's getting to be one long book, especially for a middle grade novel.

For now, I put May 1st as a due date.  I'm crossing my fingers that it will be done by then.  At that time, I will share more details on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment