Friday, January 6, 2023

The Past Isn't Always Your Future / Happenings In The Outhouse 06-Jan-2023

"I'm always bad at math!"

Or fill in math with something else.  Listen to what you're telling yourself.

Listen for the word . . . "always."

If always is followed by something negative, stop thinking about it.  Strive to think the exact opposite.  I recently had a conversation with a younger person who said they were always bad at math because their Dad was bad at math, so therefore they will always be bad at math.  I wanted so bad to reach across and yank the word "bad" and "always" from their mouth.

Then, I tested this person on some flash cards.  Out of two hundred, this person got . . . three wrong.  That's it.  Just three.  And it was multiplying large numbers too.

If you find yourself saying that you're bad at something, do something to fix it.  Or remedy it in a way in your favor.  For myself, I'm not much of a DIY person and would rather hire someone to do a job professionally.  The time spent on other tasks I know I'm good at, to help pay for those who are good at other tasks, is time well spent.

But if I truly had to, I could figure out a way.

Because there always is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment