Friday, August 19, 2022

Blending Creation And Consumption / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-August-2022

With so much vying for our attention, one may wonder how much should one dedicate to their craft vs. consuming entertainment.

I love reading and I love watching movies as well as my favorite TV series.  Streaming services have put much of this right at the tip of my fingers, and my Kindle makes it so easy to read any book at any time.

But with my writing, it's difficult to balance my time to write with wanting to watch some of the new shows coming out, like Stranger Things, The Sandman series, the new Rings of Power series on Amazon, and other movies/shows that have piqued my interest.

For greater success, it is better to create content than consume it.  Even famous authors have said their reading time has dwindled the more successful they become (a problem I wish I had).

It feels good to take a small break from creating.  Even God rested after creating the universe.  It is a lesson for us all, to take time to rest.

But don't rest too much.  Balancing rest and creating is something that isn't easy, and sometimes changes depending on the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment