Friday, July 29, 2022

Your Worth / Happenings In The Outhouse 29-July-2022

How much are you worth?

In the world of "doing everything yourself", does it truly pay to do everything yourself in the long run?

Some mundane tasks may seem easy enough, like mowing the lawn or shoveling the driveway or changing the oil on your car, but if someone else could do those tasks for you, how much time could you devote to your next project?  An hour here and there adds up over time.

"But, Mark, these things cost money.  I simply can't afford to have someone else do everything."

I get it.  I really do.  I've been so broke (many years ago) that my checking account had a negative balance more than it did a positive one.  I recall the days when all I'd have for lunch are ramen noodles.  Been there, got the T-shirt.

But a little bit here and there pays off in the end.  I have a guy who mows my lawn (truth be told, my mower broke down and it was a hassle to try fix it, since that's another task I'm not real good at: fixing engines).  Now, my lawn gets mowed weekly, and it's trimmed nicely.  It's kept up and I don't have to devote the hour or two each week to do it.

What tasks can you delegate to others?

What more could you accomplish by doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment