Friday, July 8, 2022

The Power Of Delegation / Happenings In The Outhouse 08-July-2022

You come up with a great product.  It starts to sell, either slowly or skyrocketing, it doesn't matter.  As your business grows though, you need to start delegating.

Why?

Because you can't do everything.  You just CAN'T!

Steve Jobs didn't do everything at Apple.  He handed those tasks off to those who were best suited.  The same thing with Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and every entrepreneur who has come up with a great product/business.

Even small businesses that only has one person running it (thinking of the local plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, or lawn care owner) may have to delegate certain tasks to others.  I've touched on this topic before, but some recent events urged me to bring it up again and expand on it.

Some may feel the need to be in control of everything.  Don't do it.  It limits what you and your business can do.  If Steve Jobs felt the need to do all of the accounting and also mow the lawn and empty the garbage cans each night, Apple wouldn't be what it is today.  Even as an author myself, I know there are tasks I can hand off to others so I can focus on what I do best.

If what you do best is the creative part, let others do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment