Friday, July 23, 2021

Want something, make it a habit / Happenings In The Outhouse 23-July-2021

On June 15, 2020, I joined the local gym.  I desperately needed to get in shape, to lose weight, and with pandemic restrictions finally lifting then, I decided it was finally time.

No more putting it off.

Once I joined, I made it a habit of going at the same time every single day (okay, I do take 1-2 nights off a week, at the most to give my body a rest).  I find that setting a schedule of going in at a specific time, instead of "oh, sometime today" made my habit of going to the gym much more concrete.

And what's weird is that even on my "off" days, when my designated time rolls around, I get antsy to go.

Several years ago, I woke up at 5:30am every morning to write.  I was able to crank out a few novels during those times, and it was just something I needed to do.

What do you want to do?  What are you putting off?

Make it a habit.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment