Friday, September 14, 2018

Sacrifice to achieve your goals / Happenings In The Outhouse 14-Sept-2018

I've tackled the thought of sacrifice before, but in light of current events with an ad for a certain shoe manufacturer and a former professional football player, I figured I'd briefly talk about it again.

Before I move on, let me get one thing straight: I'm not taking sides on the issue with the shoe maker and the ball thrower.  Just wanted to clear that up.

What are you sacrificing in order to achieve your goals?

Back in college, I'm sure there were many parties I never attended because I was writing.  At work nowadays, I spend most breaks and lunches writing.

I'm sacrificing time to do something I love.

When I'm at home, I do sacrifice time in order to do things with my family.  Sure, there are times I wish I could join the local gym or go golfing (honestly, the course where I live is outstanding and is one of the best around) but I don't because it would take time away from my family as well as writing.  I go out for walks on occasion, which helps.

What are your life goals?

In short, whatever your goals are, you need to get off your butt and do it.  Are there stories I've written that not everyone likes?  Of course!  But I keep writing.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Sacrifice.

And win!

No comments:

Post a Comment