Friday, August 31, 2018

Carving out the time for your art / Happenings In The Outhouse 31-Aug-2018

I've talked about time management before, but let's take a slightly different approach.

Writing, for me, is the best therapy.  Whenever I feel down or need to escape, sure I can easily watch a show on Netflix or listen to my favorite true crime podcast.  But when I work on my writing, I'm accomplishing something.  I'm creating something.

What is your art?  What are you working on?

Even if it's time-consuming, work on it a piece at a time. Think of your time like a pie or a cake.  Start out with a sliver of time (10-15 minutes, maybe) and do nothing but your art.  Consume your art like you would the pie or cake.  When you're done, you're done.  It's okay to be done.

But don't be surprised that you'll want another slice . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment