Friday, April 29, 2016

How to beat Bobby Flay at cooking / Happenings In The Outhouse 29-Apr-2016

I watched an episode of Chopped the other night on the Food Network, and the person who got eliminated had decided to "play it safe."  The judges told this chef NOT to play it safe.

If my goal was to be the best chef in the world, good enough to beat (let alone even compete with) a top-notch chef like Bobby Flay, not only would I work harder than ever before, I would also watch every episode on the Food Network for tips.

And the biggest take-away from all of these is: to win, do NOT play it safe.

The same could be said about Dan Brown.  Even though Angels and Demons is a better book, The Da Vinci Code was an international bestseller simply based on a controversial topic.

When I first started writing Discarded, the third thriller novel in the Central Division Series, I studied the topic of human sex trafficking.  It's scary to think of how widespread this crime is and what people endure.  Millions of people are victims of human sex trafficking.



I took a chance with Discarded to not play it safe.  Delving into the murky waters of human sex trafficking opened my eyes to a whole new world.

And, yet, the media is more concerned about what freaking bathroom we use . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment