Friday, June 20, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 20-Jun-2014 / No agents need apply

It isn't a secret for anyone reading this blog that I'm publishing my next novel soon.  Very soon.  I've had a few people ask me if I'm going to submit this to any agents or publishers.

No way!

I already spent decades of my life going down that rabbit hole.  And for absolutely nothing to show for it except loads of experience, rejection letters that are probably as tall as the Empire State Building (okay, not really, but it's quite a stack), and a handful of false hopes that, of course, went no where.

Why would I waste months and months of my time when I can start earning money from it right away?

Hence, that's the reason I have a sign on my door that says:

 
NO AGENTS
NEED APPLY
 
While I was going through Killzone I ran into a problem.  Most of the book was in present tense.  Yet, the prologue and epilogue were several years ahead of the time spent in the bulk of the book.  I then thought of the only solution: change the tense from present to past.
 
It worked.  So far.  I'm hoping by the middle of July to have this book ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment