Wednesday, February 15, 2012

When the ones too big to fail should fail

I'm not going to preach about the financial debacle of three-plus years ago, not am I going to get political here.

That's not the purpose of this blog.

But what I'm going to point out is that there comes a point in some organizations, when they become a large enough entity, that the mere mention of their name holds a weight.  This goes with anything from banks and manufacturers to non-profit organizations and hospitals.  Anything that gets large enough seems to act on its own accord, completely mindless of their original purpose.

And in doing so, they lose some of their personal touch, their caring, their looking at events or situations from another person's point of view.

When was the last time you honestly went into a major retail store and actually enjoyed the experience.  It's rare.

An incident occurred to us around the middle of November that completely changed my view of a certain organization.  A misunderstanding by some underworked and probably under-educated manager caused a great deal of hardship for us.

I'm not going into the details, and I'm not going to name this particular organization by name--although I really, really want to--and what really makes me upset is the purpose of this organization is a great one, one that's helped many at a low point in their lives.

I believe a bit of formal management training could've saved a lot of heartache, so I strongly urge those leaders of these gigantic organizations to make sure the proper people training is done at all levels.  Especially one that involves the responsibility of so many lives.

Because I'm going to find it very difficult to donate to this particular organization when their annual events come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment